distribution of custom files

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by pzelf, Jul 9, 2003.

1. pzelf

pzelf Guest

I have have created one 'ideal' installation on one computer. I made customisations to the .mnu / .mnl. / .pgp file set up plotter settings and created some custom toolbars (.mns-file)
    Now i want to distribute all custom files to all computers in our compagny so that all 20 computers have exactly the same functionality and settings. ( im upgrading from Acad 14 to 2002 on every computer.

Is there an easy way to be sure to copy every custom file? (im also thinking .bmp files ect who are needed for the custom toolbars.

Any idea is welcome! Thanks in advance!

pzelf, Jul 9, 2003
  2. pzelf

RichardG Guest

I think you would want to put it on your network server and have everybody point to there and access that way instead of actually copying to 20 stations. Once you have one machine setup that way use profiles to export settings and use that to setup all of the other stations.

Richard

"pzelf" <> wrote in message news:...

I have have created one 'ideal' installation on one computer. I made customisations to the .mnu / .mnl. / .pgp file set up plotter settings and created some custom toolbars (.mns-file)
    Now i want to distribute all custom files to all computers in our compagny so that all 20 computers have exactly the same functionality and settings. ( im upgrading from Acad 14 to 2002 on every computer.

Is there an easy way to be sure to copy every custom file? (im also thinking .bmp files ect who are needed for the custom toolbars.

RichardG, Jul 9, 2003
  3. Use "Acadinstall" from Cadwerx, I use it for my Custom menu's it will allow you to load menu's, tool bars and add support paths as well. HTH

"pzelf" <> wrote in message news:...

Albert Giuliano, Jul 9, 2003
Ask a Question