Different Colors..

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by JonBaker, May 10, 2004.

1. JonBaker

JonBaker Guest

I think this is the wrong forum. sorry.
    but I need to change colors of line types for different Viewports, both in the same layout tab and in different ones.

I am using LDT3 with SP1

thank you.,

--

Jonathan J. Baker
    Carroll & Lange, Inc.
    Professional Engineers & Land Surveyors
    Lakewood, Colorado
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

JonBaker, May 10, 2004
  2. JonBaker

JonBaker Guest

if you all could be so kind and reply to my email

j baker
    @
    Carroll-lange
    dot com

thank you.. i only get internet during lunch and i need this asap!!!!

--

Jonathan J. Baker
    Carroll & Lange, Inc.
    Lakewood, Colorado
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

"JonBaker" <jbaker at carrol-lange dot com> wrote in message I think this is the wrong forum. sorry.
    but I need to change colors of line types for different Viewports, both in the same layout tab and in different ones.

I am using LDT3 with SP1

thank you.,

--

Jonathan J. Baker
    Carroll & Lange, Inc.
    Lakewood, Colorado
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

JonBaker, May 10, 2004
  3. JonBaker

ffejgreb Guest

I didn't reply earlier because I'm not sure about any 3rd party software out there that may do this. One way I can think of doing what you ask would be to save the drawing elements to a file that would be xref'd back into your drawing. This new file would in turn be copied and renamed however many times you need (i.e. how many viewports are we talking about) with some obvious viewport specific names. These files would then be xref'd into the drawing as well. Once referenced, you would manipulate color/linetype/etc. At this point you would open each viewport and freeze the xref's that don't pertain to that viewport. Not a pretty picture. Hopefully someone smarter than me will offer a better suggestion.

Jeff

ffejgreb, May 10, 2004
Ask a Question