Dialog boxes with Custom Menu macros

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by BobShumake, May 20, 2004.

1. BobShumake

BobShumake Guest

Custom Menu loads and works fine for years, and mostly still works fine. However, since 2004 and 2005 AutoCAD, there is difficulty getting the lisps which call Dialog Control boxes to work properly. The lisp will load fine, but when called, it gives an error when trying to load the dialog control box. This only happens on the 4 lisps that call dialog control boxes, and it is only a problem when logged on as a "user". When logged on as "Administrator", the lisps work fine. I am told I have "Power User" status (whatever that means). I was able to solve this problem in 2004 by coping files from the AutoCAD 2002 Support directory which did not exist in the AutoCAD 2004 directory. (no specifics on the files other than that they were unique to the 2002 Support directory, and there were about 10 of them). This was tedious to do on 12 machines, and I do not like the idea of copying around a bunch of files that I do not understand the function of. Any suggestions before I start loading 2005 on 12 machines again?

BobShumake, May 20, 2004
  2. BobShumake

BobShumake Guest

Found the problem here. We load AutoCAD from the local C: drive, and us "users" do not have "Full Control" as defined by our network operating system - Windows XP. Apparently the dialog boxes need a two way communication street with the network folder the custom menu and lisps are in, and the "user" defined security clearance does not provide that on our network. This is not an AutoCAD problem so much as a network administration problem.

BobShumake, May 24, 2004
Ask a Question