Deleting Duplicate Objects

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by chrisb, Jul 24, 2003.

1. chrisb

chrisb Guest

I need to be able to delete duplicate, redundant lines/arcs/circles, but the Express/Overkill routines in my computer (overkill.lsp, overkillsup.lsp & overkill.dcl)call up a function called ACET-AUTOLOAD2 that doesn't exist in my setup (Autocad 2002). Does anybody know what that's all about, or know of any FREEware that can handle that job? I've done some searching around, but it seems the only software I can find either doesn't work, or is bundled with other software totaling near or over $100, and all I really need is just that one function. Thanks. -Chris

chrisb, Jul 24, 2003
  2. chrisb

Huw Guest

The ones I have come accross are:
    REMEXT
    REMXTR
    REM_DUP_LN
    DUPREM
    DELDBL

but none have worked anywhere near as well as OVERKILL or Map's cleanup.

Huw, Jul 25, 2003
  3. chrisb

chrisb Guest

Thanks. I've already tried those, and I've done enough searching around at this point, and it seems that the ability to remove duplicate objects is valuable enough, and difficult enough to do well that nobody wants to offer it for free. If I could just get my copies of overkill code (the 2 lsp files and one dcl file) to work (I don't remember how I got them or where they came from, because my version of Express is an early version that did not actually include Overkill). Once loaded, the error "error: no function definition: ACET-AUTOLOAD2" comes up.
    -Thanks for your effort.
    -Chris

chrisb, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Do you have the acetutil.fas, acetutil1.fas, acetutil2.fas, and
    acetutil3.fas files? I believe that acet-autoload2 is defined in one of
    these files.

Martin

Martin Shoemaker, Jul 25, 2003
  5. chrisb

martin Guest

the difference is that (acetutl.arx) which has those new commands won't load
    in previous version and the (overkill) is full of these new commands. I
    think the solution is choosing an alternative lisp to OVERKILL.LSP.

martin, Jul 25, 2003
  6. chrisb

chrisb Guest

Martin S - Sorry for the delayed response - been very busy here. I did a text string search among all my Express files, and found that acet-autoload2 only shows up in Overkill.lsp, and I have only the acetutil.arx, .dcl & .fas. So it looks like I'm just not sufficiently set up for the Overkill.lsp, even though it somehow found its way to my machine. Alas, the search continues. Thanks a lot for your help.
    -Chris

chrisb, Aug 1, 2003
Ask a Question