Datum Leaders

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by LouR, Sep 29, 2004.

1. LouR

LouR Guest

Anybody know how to put a Leader on a Datum symbol? I am not talking about attaching a Datum symbol to a Dimension,
    but a seperate leader with a Datum Symbol. thanks

LouR, Sep 29, 2004
  2. LouR

David Janes Guest

I think what you are looking for is found in the detail setup ('File>Properties>Drawing Options') in detailing mode. It's an option which puts the boxed set datum letter on a 'leader'. It's called new_iso_set_datums and you should set its value to yes. After yo set this, you must save this to the default dtl file pointed to in config.pro.

David Janes
    Anybody know how to put a Leader on a Datum symbol? I am not talking about attaching a Datum symbol to a Dimension,

David Janes, Sep 30, 2004
  3. I think the 'default' option for that is already set to yes. And I'm not sure but I think thats only for draft datums, not model datums which I think Lou is looking for.
    Hi Dave, just want to thank you for taking the time to help me out. I tried what you said to do and it didnt work. please look at my attached JPG image.
    Look at Datum -B- this is what i was referring to. i like to move this Datum away from my object line and add a leader to the side ot the datum and
    have it point to the surface. it looks kind of funny the way wildfire 2.0 chose to place it. maybe i've been in the business too long. lol
    thanks dave again.
    I think what you are looking for is found in the detail setup ('File>Properties>Drawing Options') in detailing mode. It's an option which puts the boxed set datum letter on a 'leader'. It's called new_iso_set_datums and you should set its value to yes. After yo set this, you must save this to the default dtl file pointed to in config.pro.

David Janes

Gary Miglionico, Sep 30, 2004
  4. LouR

LouR Guest

I found a solution looking through my old notes on this. if you need to "add" a leader to a datum reference. type this: @[-B-A]

this will give you a leader next to a datum "B" (substitue any letter in place of B you wish of course )
    thanks to all who helped me out on this.

LouR
    I think the 'default' option for that is already set to yes. And I'm not sure but I think thats only for draft datums, not model datums which I think Lou is looking for.
    Hi Dave, just want to thank you for taking the time to help me out. I tried what you said to do and it didnt work. please look at my attached JPG image.
    Look at Datum -B- this is what i was referring to. i like to move this Datum away from my object line and add a leader to the side ot the datum and
    have it point to the surface. it looks kind of funny the way wildfire 2.0 chose to place it. maybe i've been in the business too long. lol
    thanks dave again.

David Janes

LouR, Sep 30, 2004
  5. LouR

LouR Guest

Correction: i made a typo in my last email its @[-B-@]

I found a solution looking through my old notes on this. if you need to "add" a leader to a datum reference. type this: @[-B-A]

this will give you a leader next to a datum "B" (substitue any letter in place of B you wish of course )
    thanks to all who helped me out on this.

LouR
    I think the 'default' option for that is already set to yes. And I'm not sure but I think thats only for draft datums, not model datums which I think Lou is looking for.
    thanks dave again.

David Janes

LouR, Sep 30, 2004
Ask a Question