Customizing acad outside of NIW

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by dlippa, Jul 8, 2003.

1. dlippa

dlippa Guest

I need to be able to customize the install outside of the Network Installation Wizard. Is it not possible to create our own Transform file against in acad.msi in Acad2K4? We are deploying the stand alone version and I don't seem to be able to pump the Authorization code into the setup by using NIW or from the command line. I'd like to edit the .MSI directly but acad does not seem to like that. So I'm willing to settle for my own transform. So far if I try to create a transform (Wise Package Studio) it just hangs. If I try to edit the transform that's created with the NIW I get a "disk not ready" error when I try to save.

any help is appreciated;
    Dave Lippa

dlippa, Jul 8, 2003
  2. Hi Dave,

The Authorization process is a post installation process and cannot be achieved by trying to edit installation (MSI) files.

Nate

"dlippa" <> wrote in message news:...

I need to be able to customize the install outside of the Network Installation Wizard. Is it not possible to create our own Transform file against in acad.msi in Acad2K4? We are deploying the stand alone version and I don't seem to be able to pump the Authorization code into the setup by using NIW or from the command line. I'd like to edit the .MSI directly but acad does not seem to like that. So I'm willing to settle for my own transform. So far if I try to create a transform (Wise Package Studio) it just hangs. If I try to edit the transform that's created with the NIW I get a "disk not ready" error when I try to save.

any help is appreciated;
    Dave Lippa

Nate Bartley [Autodesk, Inc.], Jul 14, 2003
Ask a Question