Custom Tool Buttons

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Demetrios, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Demetrios

Demetrios Guest

I want to create a button that will Insert a blcok from a path I specify. How can I write the Macro, and tell it to search in a certain path?

I've tried the following:

^C^C_insert;"S:\...
    ^C^C_insert;S:\...
    ^C^C_insert;^I"S:\...

Demetrios, Jul 31, 2003
  2. Demetrios

Chip Harper Guest

This is what I use, the parent folder is listed in the support path, the
    first name is the subfolder and the next is the file name.

^C^C-insert;01_Schedules/SCH001.dwg;\;;;
    ^C^C-insert;03_Piles/PILE001.dwg;\;;;
    ^C^C-insert;05_Masonry/MAS001.dwg;\;;;

Chip Harper, Jul 31, 2003
  3. Demetrios

David Harper Guest

Another option is for if you have all related blocks in the same directory on a server is to use something like this.

^C^C -insert;//[server]/[Full Path]/\;;

This is that basic form of a button that we used at my office to access the "All Shapes" directory that contains all the aluminum profiles that the company uses. all the user needs it to know the shapes name. It fills in the path and waits for the blocks file name

Another setup we used is for inserting blocks that are scaled to match the dim scale factor
    This button sets the layer then starts the insert and prior to picking the insertion point the block is scaled to match the DIMSCALE.
    and then prompts for the insertion point and also allows the block to be rotated after point is selected. This is also set to be repeat insertion till the button is canceled. This blocks path is located within the AutoCAD search path.

[_Button("DET1", "DET1_2000.BMP", "DET1_2000.BMP")]*^C^C-layer;s;HATCH;;-insert;"DETAIL_1";S;(SETQ X (GETVAR "DIMSCALE"));\
    David Harper

I don know if there is any relation to the other reply to your message.

I want to create a button that will Insert a blcok from a path I specify. How can I write the Macro, and tell it to search in a certain path?
    I've tried the following:

^C^C_insert;"S:\...
    ^C^C_insert;S:\...
    ^C^C_insert;^I"S:\...

David Harper, Aug 2, 2003
Ask a Question