Colors not right on DesignJet650c (they used to be fine)

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by andrew.demerchant, Jul 18, 2003.

1. If I plot an autocad colorwheel, the colors on the outside 4 bands (3, 5, 7 and 9) are wrong. On the screen (and up until a few months ago, on my plotter too) the color wheel is lightest in the middle (the '1' row)...As you go inside, or outside from there, it should get darker. But when I plot (using any plot styles, or even not using any) my row '1' and out is incredibly light (very washed out looking). Color 18 should look a lot like color 19...But not for me. 18 looks right, but 19 looks nothing like it. It's got tones of red, but is mostly grey. Anyone have any thoughts (it's a really hard problem to explain in words)?

Andrew DeMerchant

andrew.demerchant, Jul 18, 2003
  2. andrew.demerchant

R.Sterner Guest

If I remember correctly - the 650c has palettes A, B, and Software seletable through the plotter control panel, you need it to be set on Software.

R.Sterner

"andrew.demerchant" <> wrote in message news:...

If I plot an autocad colorwheel, the colors on the outside 4 bands (3, 5, 7 and 9) are wrong. On the screen (and up until a few months ago, on my plotter too) the color wheel is lightest in the middle (the '1' row)...As you go inside, or outside from there, it should get darker. But when I plot (using any plot styles, or even not using any) my row '1' and out is incredibly light (very washed out looking). Color 18 should look a lot like color 19...But not for me. 18 looks right, but 19 looks nothing like it. It's got tones of red, but is mostly grey. Anyone have any thoughts (it's a really hard problem to explain in words)?

Andrew DeMerchant

R.Sterner, Jul 18, 2003
  3. You do remember correctly, but my plotter is already set on 'Software'...And all my cartridges are fine....Any more suggestions?

Andrew

andrew.demerchant, Jul 21, 2003
  4. Check the printer cable. It may be loose at either end or worse it may be pinched or crimped causing a short within the cable or something. I had a printer that was exhibiting similar problems and found that it had gotten pinched between two cubicle wall panels actually breaking cables over time.

Otherwise check to see if the printer port settings have changed in the print server pc (the computer the printer is connected to) either in the bios or in the operating system.

Just a couple of wild guesses...

Thanks!

--

Jared R. Finkenbinder

Owner/Designer

Lone Wolf Design

4901 West 93rd Avenue #1813

Westminster, Colorado 80031

You do remember correctly, but my plotter is already set on 'Software'...And all my cartridges are fine....Any more suggestions?

Andrew

Jared R. Finkenbinder - Lone Wolf Design, Jul 21, 2003
  5. andrew.demerchant

Tom Berning Guest

The color calibration maybe off. We had a couple 755 plotters that didn't print the same colors from the same plot file. I am not sure how to calibrate the colors on the 650c if it is even possible. We recently purchased a 5500PS plotter and found that the color calibration is much easier, but you do need some extra equipment.

The 650c plotters also had a problem with the cartridge service station getting clogged with ink. I know we were calling service about twice a year to fix the service station.

You haven't changed the brand or type of media have you? Media can also affect how colors look.

If I plot an autocad colorwheel, the colors on the outside 4 bands (3, 5, 7 and 9) are wrong. On the screen (and up until a few months ago, on my plotter too) the color wheel is lightest in the middle (the '1' row)...As you go inside, or outside from there, it should get darker. But when I plot (using any plot styles, or even not using any) my row '1' and out is incredibly light (very washed out looking). Color 18 should look a lot like color 19...But not for me. 18 looks right, but 19 looks nothing like it. It's got tones of red, but is mostly grey. Anyone have any thoughts (it's a really hard problem to explain in words)?

Andrew DeMerchant

Tom Berning, Jul 21, 2003
Ask a Question