Color - No two alike

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by mary_eatinger, Aug 19, 2003.

1. We have several computers that are clones of each other. When we do color plots (both blocks of solid color and photo quality color), the colors come out darker or lighter, depending on which computer they come from.

We are using Acad 2000, Win2K, HP1050C, HPJetAdmin Driver. All computers have had the exact same plotter driver installed. We plot the same file from 6 workstations and we get 3 different color gradations.

3 computers are two years old and are exact clones and produce 2 different color gradations. 2 others are one week old exact clones and produce 2 different color gradations.

I am posting this to both Printing and Plotting and General Autocad hoping the solution might lie come from one of these groups. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mary_eatinger, Aug 19, 2003
  2. Dean,

All of the plotter settings you mentioned have been checked and they're all identical. We had issues with automatic vs. manual and that got us to one station printing much darker than the rest. Plot update patch? - I'm not sure but probably because the "dark" computer is a clone of two that are OK. Same for windows driver # and shared PC3 file. How do you plot to windows driver direct?
    Thanks

mary_eatinger, Aug 25, 2003
  3. Sorry, I'm just a dumb architect not paid nearly enough to be the IT person at my office.

Pick what? When I go to plot, it's just the plot dialogue box. Is it under plot device or plot settings?

mary_eatinger, Aug 25, 2003
Ask a Question