Color Merging Problems...

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Scot-65, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Scot-65

Scot-65 Guest

How do I "Merge Colors"?

I have a polyline with an assigned width and this polyline has a greyscale of 20%.
    When "Draworder" shows this polyline on top, lines and text disappear when under
    this polyline. It is impratical to work the "Draworder" every time a polyline is moved,
    edited, or new polylines are created. (LWpolylines...)

Old method I am familiar with I can find this setting via "ENCONFIG" / "HPCONFIG",
    but 2004 shows a stb file setup with no such wording... Did I not see this setting?

QUESTION #2:
    There is no such animal as 1"=20'-0" (engineering type scale) in the plot mouse trap.
    I have to choose "Custom" and assign "1=240". Is there a way I can edit this list of
    plotting scale choices? This will not let me assign as 20' (foot), only 240 (inches)...
    How frustrating when plotting at 1"=20'-0", 1"=30'-0", and 1"=60'-0".

Scot--65

Scot-65, Sep 10, 2003
  2. Scot-65

david Guest

If you are using an HP, bring up the plot dialogue box and click on the
    Properties radio button
    Go to the "Device and Document Settngs" tab
    and expand the "Graphics" option
    you'll find the Merge Control there
    It works similarly for other plotting devices as well, just dig thru the
    properties and you can usually get there.

david, Sep 11, 2003
  3. Scot-65

david Guest

REGARDING QUESTION 1

Bring up the plot dialogue box and go to the Properties Radio Button for your printer

Then click on the Device and Document Settings" tab

If you expand the Graphics you will see Merge Control - change it and remember to save when exiting.

This works similarly for a number of printer/plotters

have a great day

david, Sep 11, 2003
  4. Scot-65

Scot-65 Guest

Dean,
    Sorry for the lack of parameters for the above question...

1) I am plotting to a Xerox 8830 "Big Boy" (3" core).
    There is no system driver or PC3 for AutoCAD 2004, just the "ctb" type stuff...
    (I may need a little more help on this).

2) I work exclusively in model space.
    LUNITS is set to 4 (architectural) and does not accept the foot-inch format (20').
    Footnote: (Civil) Engineers scale thier work by 1/12 so the values shown on the
    dimensions are decimals of a foot... so the 1:20 inside the scale drop down is valid...

I do not trust the "scaled to fit" for the final output of my documents.

Scot-65

Scot-65, Sep 12, 2003
  5. I don't think that the 8830 supports line merge. There has been alot of discussion here on the 8830. You have installed the drivers for the 8830 on your system have you not and have done a test print?

If not, that is your first step. Once you have done that, then the system printing device should show in your plot dialogue box under plot device tab, plotter configuration. The pc3 file is just a "save set of printer configuration" for a printer. The ctb is just a table of lineweights that are applied to autocad colors.

One of the plotting services that we use has a 8830 and all their clients send them plot files based on the HP750C. I would install a windows system driver for the HP and then use a plot spooler program such as "goplot" to send the plot file to the plotter.

You are right about the having to set your plot scale for 1" = 20' using 1:240, but you only have to do that once and save the plot settings to a page setup name.

I agree about not trusting "scale to fit" but even so, we always use a graphic scale on all plots.

Dave Alexander

"Scot-65" <> wrote in message news:...

Dean,
    Sorry for the lack of parameters for the above question...

1) I am plotting to a Xerox 8830 "Big Boy" (3" core).
    There is no system driver or PC3 for AutoCAD 2004, just the "ctb" type stuff...
    (I may need a little more help on this).

2) I work exclusively in model space.
    LUNITS is set to 4 (architectural) and does not accept the foot-inch format (20').
    Footnote: (Civil) Engineers scale thier work by 1/12 so the values shown on the
    dimensions are decimals of a foot... so the 1:20 inside the scale drop down is valid...

I do not trust the "scaled to fit" for the final output of my documents.

Scot-65

Dave Alexander, Sep 12, 2003
Ask a Question