Coexisting 2002 & 2005 .lic files

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by kenny_m2001, Sep 3, 2004.

1. kenny_m2001

kenny_m2001 Guest

We currently have many "flavors" of AutoCAD 2002 running on the flexm service (LMTools-v.7.1, LMGRD.exe-v.7.1.6.0) using one .lic file. I now have a network license of LD and Civil. I've installed LMTools-v.9.22 and LMGRD.exe v.9.2.2.0 without uninstalling the old 2002 items. I tried to combine the license files into a single file, but the users lose their connection to the license server. I've also tried to create two instances of the flexm service with the same result. Can the 2002 license coexist with the 2005 license files ?? What is the procedure in having them coexist on the same server ??

Thanks, Kenny

kenny_m2001, Sep 3, 2004
  2. Hi Kenny,

you must have only one version of FLEXlm (9.2) installed, so if you will add
    correctly your new license to a previous license file it should work without
    any problems.

Regards,
    Efim

service (LMTools-v.7.1, LMGRD.exe-v.7.1.6.0) using one .lic file. I now have
    a network license of LD and Civil. I've installed LMTools-v.9.22 and
    LMGRD.exe v.9.2.2.0 without uninstalling the old 2002 items. I tried to
    combine the license files into a single file, but the users lose their
    connection to the license server. I've also tried to create two instances of
    the flexm service with the same result. Can the 2002 license coexist with
    the 2005 license files ?? What is the procedure in having them coexist on
    the same server ??

Efim Tetelman \(Autodesk, Inc\), Sep 3, 2004
Ask a Question