Clear Password cache

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Jeff Haydon, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Jeff Haydon

Jeff Haydon Guest

I read in a previous post that drawing passwords are cached per session and to clear them you need to close and restart AutoCAD. Does anyone know of another method, through lisp or other means, to clear them? Thanks in advance.

Jeff Haydon, Jul 16, 2004
  2. Jeff Haydon

ECCAD Guest

Hmm...now what was the 'objective' of a 'password' ?
    :(

ECCAD, Jul 16, 2004
  3. Jeff Haydon

Jeff Mishler Guest

Bob,
    I think he wants to make sure that 'objective' is adhered to for drawings
    that were previously opened in the same Acad session. I don't have 2004, so
    this is only speculation based on what he's asking, but it sounds like once
    a drawing is opened with a valid password, closing that drawing does not
    reset the need for a password on subsequent opens of the same drawing in the
    same session.

So, after all of that, Sorry Jeff, I don't know the answer to your
    question...

Jeff Mishler, Jul 16, 2004
  4. Jeff Haydon

ECCAD Guest

On the flip side, if you are opening the 'same' drawing in a session, (why) would you be bothered by re-entering the password ? This would be a real nusiance..:)

Bob

ECCAD, Jul 16, 2004
  5. Jeff Haydon

Jeff Haydon Guest

Thanks for clearing up what it is I'm trying to do at least and you are 100% right.
    What I've got is a batch routine that inserts a protected block into each drawing, which is then printed and closed without saving. The passwords, by the way, are typed in by another user. Unfortunately, once the program has completed, the block is fair game unless AutoCAD is closed. I can force AutoCAD to close upon completion of the batch routine but will only take that route if there are no alternatives.

Jeff Haydon, Jul 16, 2004
  6. Jeff Haydon

ECCAD Guest

Not a password fix, but could a Undo, remove the block and definition from the drawing ? That's about all I can come up with.
    Bob

ECCAD, Jul 16, 2004
Ask a Question