Change default startup command from help to open.

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by apc, Feb 12, 2004.

1. apc

apc Guest

After starting up AutoCAD the default command when pressing ENTER is HELP. I would like to change this default command to OPEN. Any Ideas?? Thanks in advance.

apc, Feb 12, 2004
  2. apc

dean_bourke Guest

I tried putting (command ".open") as the last line of my last loaded lisp, but didn't work.
    A bit messy, but you could undefine the help command (F1 still works), and redfine it to be open.

Dean

dean_bourke, Feb 12, 2004
  3. apc

patrick_aps Guest

Isn't enter equal to the last used command ?
    But when you open a drawing, there is no command used yet in that command-line..
    So yo could change it to line, by using a startup script that draws a line bu then cancels.
    But if you try to open ??
    Very tricky you could make a routine that calles for itselfs until forever..

patrick_aps, Feb 13, 2004
  4. apc

apc Guest

First of all, thanks for the comments. After a little time playing with and rethinking of some ideas I decided to undefine my help ala s::startup. Next I tried to redefine it to be open and that didn't seem to work well using lisp and the command function. So as a work around I ended up creating a HELP alias for the command OPEN in my acad pgp file and that did the trick. And as Mr. Bourke mentioned previously F1 still works fine for calling up help when I need it and that's fine by me.

apc, Feb 13, 2004
Ask a Question