Change color or line weight in xref

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by tnguyen1005, Jul 16, 2003.

1. tnguyen1005

tnguyen1005 Guest

(2) viewports with (1) xref. We can turn on/off or freeze layers between (2) viewport. Is there anyway to change color or lineweight of a layer between the 2?
    Thanks for any help
    Thomas

tnguyen1005, Jul 16, 2003
  2. tnguyen1005

tnguyen1005 Guest

I still could not use Layer Manager to make my Layer WALL color 11 in one view port and stay GREEN on the other viewport with the same XREF.
    Can you help again?
    Thomas

tnguyen1005, Jul 16, 2003
  3. tnguyen1005

ffejgreb Guest

As soon as I hit the send button I realized what an idiot I was.  I thought you were talking about different layers not the same layer viewed at the same time.  Not possible as far as I know.  Sorry.

Jeff

"tnguyen1005" <> wrote in message news:...

I still could not use Layer Manager to make my Layer WALL color 11 in one view port and stay GREEN on the other viewport with the same XREF.
    Can you help again?
    Thomas

ffejgreb, Jul 16, 2003
  4. tnguyen1005

dc johnson Guest

to do the layer color you will need to xref the file in....rename it the xref
    it in again. you can then freeze one xref in one vport and visa-versa. check
    out the vplayer command

--
    Dave C. Johnson

WWC Engineering
    Sheridan WY.
    Windows 2k2
    Acad Map 5
    Survcadd XML

dc johnson, Jul 16, 2003
  5. tnguyen1005

Gordon Price Guest

"tnguyen1005" <> wrote in message news:...

(2) viewports with (1) xref. We can turn on/off or freeze layers between (2) viewport. Is there anyway to change color or lineweight of a layer between the 2?
    Thanks for any help
    Thomas

Thomas,

Xref in your file, and rename it "one", then Xref it in again and rename it "two". Given a "Layer 1" in the referenced DWG, you will now have "one|Layer 1" and "two|Layer 1" which can be controlled however you want, visibility, color, plot/no plot, lineweight, plot style, what have you. I tend to put the two Xrefs side by side, so I don;t have to freeze a bunch of layers in each viewport. If you put the Xrefs a known didtance appart, you can then get one viewport set, copy it, and in the second viewport you do an old "-PAN", which then allows you to pan with keyboard input, say "@100'<0" if your Xrefs where 100' appart in the X axis.

Hope that makes sense.

best,

Gordon

Gordon Price, Jul 16, 2003
Ask a Question