Centering a plot on a designjet 800

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by amasutti, Mar 17, 2005.

1. amasutti

amasutti Guest

I am having a problem centering a plot with the designjet 800 plotter. The title block on the right is being cut off. I am currently working with two drawings with identical title blocks, insertion points and scales. One centers correctly one does not. When I check center(in the plot dialog box) on the working drawing the x value is automatically set to 0.08, the y value is set to 0.30. On the non-working drawing the y value is automatically set to 0.5 and the x value is set to 0.75 which is definitely off the page. I checked extmin on the working drawing and the x value is set to -0.015 and the y value is set to -0.0153. extmax = 32.4855,20.9853. On the non-working drawing. extmin= -0.017,-0.0163, extmax = 32.487,20.9863 a small difference - they should be exactly the same both title blocks were placed at 0,0 >It still should plot correctly when plotting extents.

Thanks

amasutti, Mar 17, 2005
  2. amasutti

amasutti Guest

I just found out this drawing was created with a program other than AutoCAD. If I cut and paste the information to a new file the drawing plots fine. BTW audit and recover found no errors.

Thanks

amasutti, Mar 18, 2005
Ask a Question