Can't enter printer name in macro

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by MechMan, Jul 18, 2003.

1. MechMan

MechMan Guest

Ok, I'm doing the macro thing again. This time I'm trying to make a button macro to set all the printer settings and then send a prtint to the network printer. The problem comes when using the command line to enter in the network printer. If I do the "-plot" command manually I can type in whatever printer I want but when I have the printer name & path it in the macro it gets stuck. I've tried entering the printer around quotes, parenthesis, and switching the backslashes to forwardslashes but no dice. Is there a system variable that holds this?

Example printer name & path: \\Servername\printer name

Any help is appreciated.

MechMan

MechMan, Jul 18, 2003
  2. MechMan

David Harper Guest

MechMan

Where I work we have a pulldown menu set up that allows a user to plot to a plotter listed in the menu

[Menu Selection]^C^C-psetupin;"[plotstyle Location]/[Plot stylename.dwg]";[Named Plot Style];n;-plot;;;[Named Plot style];;;;;

This will load a preset plot style and use it to set the plotter settings.

Change the bold type to your specific info and make sure the plotstyle works clean and all the time and this should work for you.

I have even set up a version that works from layout mode but it is a much longer menu line.

Just remember that if there are spaces in any part of the path the full path must be placed in quotes.

"MechMan" <mechman> wrot

e in message Ok, I'm doing the macro thing again. This time I'm trying to make a button macro to set all the printer settings and then send a prtint to the network printer. The problem comes when using the command line to enter in the network printer. If I do the "-plot" command manually I can type in whatever printer I want but when I have the printer name & path it in the macro it gets stuck. I've tried entering the printer around quotes, parenthesis, and switching the backslashes to forwardslashes but no dice. Is there a system variable that holds this?

Example printer name & path: \\Servername\printer name

Any help is appreciated.

MechMan

David Harper, Jul 19, 2003
Ask a Question