Can you use Group Codes when there is no DXF?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by wivory, Jul 4, 2003.

1. wivory

wivory Guest

Maybe I'm not trying the right search terms. I've found lots of stuff about using Group Codes with Filters, but I'm not trying to find matching entites, I'm trying to determine information about specific entities.

What I'm interested in is using the Group Code information associated with entities that only exist in an *unsaved* drawing. Can I see this information, and more importantly can I *update* this information?

For example, from what I've read certain "override" values are stored with the group code information relating to entities.

Thanks

Wayne Ivory
    IT Analyst Programmer
    Wespine Industries Pty Ltd

wivory, Jul 4, 2003
  2. wivory

Mark Propst Guest

not sure I understand the question.

I thought (cdr(assoc groupcode (entget(entity)))) was the lisp way, and

entity.property was the vb way of getting entity information.

what difference would the saved state of the dwg make?

but that's too obvious for you not to already know, so ???

are you talking about xdata when you say override information being stored in group codes?

"wivory" <> wrote in message news:...

Maybe I'm not trying the right search terms. I've found lots of stuff about using Group Codes with Filters, but I'm not trying to find matching entites, I'm trying to determine information about specific entities.

Mark Propst, Jul 4, 2003
  3. wivory

wivory Guest

Hmmm, yeah, I'm not surprised you don't understand the question Mark. I am being pretty vague.

I meant in the context of vba, and where the object model does not fully implement the properties of an entity, so therefore there *isn't* any entity.property reference. I probably do mean xdata for the override information. I think I'm getting some of my terminology mixed up.

Perhaps see my comments in our "Can Extended Data modify base properties" thread for some possible clarification of where I'm coming from.

Thanks

Wayne

wivory, Jul 6, 2003
Ask a Question