Can half views be redefined?

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by Mike Singer, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Mike Singer

Mike Singer Guest

In my case I mistakenly deleted the datum that controlled the halfway point.
    It seems there's no way to redefine it for that case or for when you set it
    going the wrong way.

It's as though you have to change to full view and back again to half.

Any ideas?

Mike Singer, Oct 2, 2004
  2. Mike Singer

David Janes Guest

: In my case I mistakenly deleted the datum that controlled the halfway point.
    : It seems there's no way to redefine it for that case or for when you set it
    : going the wrong way.
    :
    : It's as though you have to change to full view and back again to half.
    :
    You're absolutely right! When the view loses the datum reference that makes is
    show as a half view, it just looks like a full view. But the loss of that
    reference doesn't do what might seem obvious, to change the definition of the view
    to full. So, yes, to get it to actually be what it looks like, you have to do
    'Properties>View type>Full view' then 'View type>Half view' and switch it back to
    get the menus for picking references AND flipping the direction. It's what you get
    with the old style 'Action/Object' oriented way of defining things where the
    definition doesn't depend on the references. The definition is all set up then you
    go through and select references. That's the thing which previously made it
    impossible to redefine a protrusion as a cut or vice versa. Even in WF and WFII,
    not much work has beendone to incorporate the new 'Object/Action' functionality
    into drawing mode which makes it still the most backward functionality in Pro/e.

David Janes

David Janes, Oct 2, 2004
Ask a Question