Can Any one suggest the some site for learning the geometric tolerance

Discussion in 'Pro/Engineer & Creo Elements/Pro' started by tbsat, Feb 2, 2005.

1. tbsat

tbsat Guest

It would be use for us to know more about the more on goementric
    tolerances.

tbsat, Feb 2, 2005
  2. tbsat

John Wade Guest

I did a 1 week course at Michigan U, but you may be well off starting by
    buying a copy of Y14.5M and a guide to using it.

John Wade, Feb 3, 2005
  3. tbsat

David Janes Guest

I agree! Everyone should get and read the standard. If you want to know what it means and how to apply it intelligently, get either of the books by Alex Krulikowski, "Fundementals..." or "Advanced Concepts of Gd&T". They begin with an explanation of the history of 'why' GD&T, its inherent superiority to coordinate dimensioning, comparing the results of both and arguing against the inherent ambiguity of linear, coordinate dimensioning/tolerancing. I would say that the "Fundementals..." book is accessible to anyone with a high school education and eye-opening for most engineers. In the end, you will be able to make sense of ANSI/ASME Y14.5M-1994.

David Janes

David Janes, Feb 3, 2005
  4. tbsat

Greg Smith Guest

If you think that after reading a manual you can successfully apply GDT
    is ludicrous
    I can see it now, Drafter converts drawing to GDT and the washers barely
    cover the clearance holes when the parts are assembled.

Greg Smith, Feb 13, 2005
  5. tbsat

David Janes Guest

Your poor Mr. Drafter needs a brain transplant, not a course in GD&T. Alex
    Krulikowski, in his book, merely assumes a reasonable amount of intelligence and
    some background in drafting, design, even engineering, perhaps. I think that
    certain assumptions like this are necessary; assume something different, assume,
    for example, that A. K. is writing for apes who can't read and who have extremely
    limited reasoning skills: the result would be a very different book than the one
    he's written. For his intended audience, his book is more than adequate, but as
    you point out, it is not a cure for gross stupidity. Nor is any book or course,
    for that matter. But, even though the argument has been made, I don't think we'll
    throw out education on those grounds.

David Janes

David Janes, Feb 13, 2005
Ask a Question