CalComp 1025 Setup

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by marco777, Jul 21, 2003.

1. marco777

marco777 Guest

I was given a Calcomp 1025 without a manual. Does anyone know what setup to use on the plotter (960,PCI,CDCLMP)and in autocad to use with AutoCad 2004 with Win XP? ACAD 2004 has a driver built in.

Mark

marco777, Jul 21, 2003
  2. marco777

Paul Turvill Guest

Since that plotter has been obsolete since long before the advent of XP,
    it's doubtful you'll find a driver compatible with XP. CalComp went out of
    business several years ago, mostly because their plotters and printers were
    junk.
    ___

to use on the plotter (960,PCI,CDCLMP)and in autocad to use with AutoCad
    2004 with Win XP? ACAD 2004 has a driver built in.

Paul Turvill, Jul 22, 2003
  3. Am familiar with those older Calcomp pen plotters. Yours is better than 20 years old. The series CAN be run under Windows through to ME, and in a few instances in 2000. No luck in XP. It will run in AC2000, per the set up notes at CALGRAPHINC site. The folks over at Lorand.net have discussed this at length, and you are asking a little bit too much. They are fast for pen plotters, and service and parts still available, but this is only on the private side. The 10xx series is not as fast as the Calcomp 965, but OK in comparision to an H-P. I think you also have to replace the ROM in order to run late model software. The WinLine driver requires the updated ROM also. These HAVE been made to run in later model Acad.

Simplier to run it on an older system. Buy an old 486 at less than $50 and then run it in DOS 6.2

Wm.

coosbaylumberco, Jul 25, 2003
Ask a Question