cad2005/ distributed server

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by paul.hejmanowski@merri, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Neewbie post-
    I am upgrading all my products to 2005.
    Can someone explain or point me to docs that describe the Distributed server option when configing the deployments.
    It seems to work in our main office, but we had issues in satellite office (part of this was we did not upgrade the LM to 9.2 on wink3 server). Our CAD vendor is telling me that we are not setup to use the distributed servers as all of our licenses are not in a 'pool'..????

Also, how does the network installation deployment (license options for servers), the environment variables, reg settings and licpath file all come into play????If you could point me at some docs I would be most appreciative.
    thanks

paul.hejmanowski@merri, Jun 7, 2004
  2. paul.hejmanowski@merri

patrick_aps Guest

You can only use a deploy if you have Network Licenses, not stand alone licenses. You can migrate to NLM but it costs money.

As for the documentation:
    Put in the AutoCAD 2005 CD,
    in the grey banner, at the right: Network Deployment
    QuickStart to Network Licensing -> 3rd item: Plan your network licensing
    Quitstart to Network Administration -> how to prepare for deployment..

patrick_aps, Jun 9, 2004
  3. You can make deployment for both stand-alone and network licenses, the best
    explaining docs you can fine if you install Network License Manager and then
    check docs in install directory.

Regards
    Efim

licenses. You can migrate to NLM but it costs money.

Efim Tetelman \(Autodesk, Inc\), Jun 9, 2004
Ask a Question