Buying Advice Needed

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by sheryl, Aug 23, 2004.

1. sheryl

sheryl Guest

I'm looking for a color printer that will handle 11 X 17 paper, but all the options seem to be made for photographers and are painfully slow for b & w text. The best reviewed printer--Canon's i9900--is very limited in terms of media types. Does anyone know of a moderately priced printer that would do a good job on Autocad, plus decent color?

Many thanks!

sheryl, Aug 23, 2004
  2. sheryl

JMT Guest

If you can handle $600 the Epson 2200 is very good too. The advantage over time is
    that it has 7 separate ink cartridges, and they cost about half of what the Epson
    1280 cartridges cost.

There is nothing wrong with the Epson 1280 for use with color or black and white
    AutoCAD. The ink is semi-waterproof too, which many inkjet inks are not. I have had
    my 1280 for about two years and no problems, except I wish I had gotten the 2200
    because of the ink.

Just in case you lose interest in the HP model.

Jack Talsky

JMT, Aug 24, 2004
  3. sheryl

jonesr Guest

How bout the HP DeskJet 9650 for about $350.

the options seem to be made for photographers and are painfully slow for b &
    w text. The best reviewed printer--Canon's i9900--is very limited in terms
    of media types. Does anyone know of a moderately priced printer that would
    do a good job on Autocad, plus decent color?

jonesr, Aug 24, 2004
Ask a Question