Blocks Grouping

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Hart, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Hart

Hart Guest

Hello everyone.
    I posted a couple of days ago with my problem, but didn't get any help. Hopefully you wont mind if I ask again.

I have an Autolisp routine where I can insert simple 3D objects on request.
    I am promted to input the X, Y and Z dimensions and the object is generated into my drawing (attributes and all !).

I recently re-installed R2002 onto my new computer and since then, whenever I bring these objects into my drawings, they are grouped together. When I try to select one of them (to move etc.), they are all selected. I have to explode the items to enable me to move them.
    The Lisp routine is encrypted, so I can't work out why this would happen since re-installing Autocad.
    Can anyone suggest what may be happening here??
    If I can get some help as to what may be happening, I might be able to solve it.
    (I'm pulling my hair out here guys, not much left. Any help would be much appreciated).
    Thanks in advance.

Hart, Mar 17, 2005
  2. Hart

Casey Guest

Maybe I'm over-simplifying, but can't you just turn groups off?
    (CTRL+SHIF+A)

If it truly is just a group of objects....

Casey

Casey, Mar 17, 2005
  3. Hart

Hart Guest

Unfortunately that doesn't work.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but it only groups the blocks if they are introduced into the drawing one after another.
    If I bring in one, then go off and do something else with the drawing then come back and bring another block in, then these two are NOT grouped. Sorry if I'm not making it very clear.
    Thanks
    Any help is appreciated.

Hart, Mar 17, 2005
  4. post the encrypted file so we can test it...we're only talking
    about a few lines of code.

Also are you checking your text screen after to see what
    is happening?

Paul Richardson, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Hart

Hart Guest

Hi Paul.

I'm not too sure about puting the file on the board. (It's a file that my company paid to have written a few years back)
    How would you feel about giving me your e-mail address? Or I could post mine and you could get in touch? (or anyone that might be able to help?)
    The lisp file is a bit bigger than you might think, it does other things.

Nothing appears in the text screen that would give me any clues as to whats happening.

Thanks again in advance.

Hart, Mar 18, 2005
  6. Hart

Anne Brown Guest

Paul's email address as it appears in the NNTP side of the
    discussion groups: .

Hart's address does not show and would have to be posted within
    the body of a message.
    ---
    Anne Brown
    Discussion Groups Administrator
    Autodesk, Inc.