automatically activate IE

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by steve_j, Aug 15, 2003.

1. steve_j

steve_j Guest

All

I'm calling a htm help file from a dialog and either of the following - (startapp "hh.exe" "L:/lisps/dwgnamehelp.htm")
    - (command "browser" "file:///L:/lisps/dwgnamehelp.htm") will activate the help file but it is immediately mimimized & needs to be manually activated. The dialog is hidden when the help file is called, but it does the same from the command line. Is this normal (I'm sure I've done this before & it's been OK) and is there a way around it?

TIA

Steve

steve_j, Aug 15, 2003
  2. steve_j

Ed Jobe Guest

Create a new command in the acad.pgp using this line:
    IE,        START IEXPLORE, 1,*URL: ,

I also have a vba function that allows you to specify the window style, i.e. maximized, minimized, normal.

--
    Ed
    --

"steve_j" <> wrote in message news:...

All

I'm calling a htm help file from a dialog and either of the following - (startapp "hh.exe" "L:/lisps/dwgnamehelp.htm")
    - (command "browser" "file:///L:/lisps/dwgnamehelp.htm") will activate the help file but it is immediately mimimized & needs to be manually activated. The dialog is hidden when the help file is called, but it does the same from the command line. Is this normal (I'm sure I've done this before & it's been OK) and is there a way around it?

TIA

Steve

Ed Jobe, Aug 15, 2003
  3. steve_j

steve_j Guest

Ed,

The acad.pgp option needs user input, and IE is still minimised. Our office is starting to use an LT add-on so no vba option.
    Any other ideas?

Steve

steve_j, Aug 15, 2003
  4. steve_j

Ed Jobe Guest

If its still minimized, then IE is starting in the state is was last run in. Open IE from the Start menu, set it the way you want it, close IE, and then try your command.

The pgp version does require user input, but when used with the (command) function you can supply that programmatically.

--
    Ed
    --

Ed,

The acad.pgp option needs user input, and IE is still minimised. Our office is starting to use an LT add-on so no vba option.
    Any other ideas?

Steve

Ed Jobe, Aug 15, 2003
  5. steve_j

steve_j Guest

Tried both options without success.
    IE opens fine when not via AutoCAD, opens minimised when it is. I've tried this on a few machines with the same result.
    Does browser open IE maximised for you?

Steve

steve_j, Aug 15, 2003
  6. steve_j

Ed Jobe Guest

Yes it does. I tried forcing it to minimize, used the browser command, minimized,closed. Repeat the command and it opens maximized. I can't duplicate your problem. I can't think of anything else at the moment. Sorry.

--
    Ed
    --

IE opens fine when not via AutoCAD, opens minimised when it is. I've tried this on a few machines with the same result.

Steve

Ed Jobe, Aug 15, 2003
  7. steve_j

Murph Guest

Like Ed "I can't duplicate your problem" with any of my macros or lisp that call IE. What version of IE are you running that it happens with?

Murph

Steve

Murph, Aug 15, 2003
Ask a Question