AutoLisp Reference

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Sunburned Surveyor, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Is there a reference for AutoLisp commands in digital format anywhere? I did a search on the web, but couldn't find anything. I've got a copy of an older AutoCAD Customization Guide book, but I'd really like to have something on my computer. Any ideas? (Other than scanning the book I have to PDF....)

Thanks,

The Sunburned Surveyor

Sunburned Surveyor, Mar 17, 2005
  2. Sunburned Surveyor

BillZ Guest

AutoCAD command reference in the help files?

BillZ, Mar 17, 2005
  3. type VLIDE and look in the help for the visual lisp editor.
    Honestly, my Maximizing AutoLISP for acad R12 is still very useful as the basics do not really change.
    I use the help though now.
    Also do not neglect the appropos function in the VLIDE, it lists functions available by a wildcard search, super useful
    for discovering the vl-* functions, most books do not mention.
    thx

Sunburned Surveyor <>
    |>Is there a reference for AutoLisp commands in digital format anywhere? I did a search on the web, but couldn't find anything. I've got a copy of an older AutoCAD Customization Guide book, but I'd really like to have something on my computer. Any ideas? (Other than scanning the book I have to PDF....)
    |>
    |>Thanks,
    |>
    |>The Sunburned Surveyor

James Maeding
    jmaeding at hunsaker dot com
    Civil Engineer/Programmer

James Maeding, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Sunburned Surveyor

Tom Smith Guest

What's wrong with F1, Contents tab, AutoLISP Reference? If you have Acad on your computer, you already have the authoritative reference installed.

Tom Smith, Mar 17, 2005
  5. Sunburned Surveyor

Don Butler Guest

http://dsxcad.com/

Go here and look for Dave Stein's "Visual Lisp Developers Bible"

Best of all, it's free.

HTH

Don

Don Butler, Mar 17, 2005
Ask a Question