AutoCad2004 and HP1220C

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by CadTester, Feb 17, 2004.

1. CadTester

CadTester Guest

When plotting from AutoCad 2004 on Windows 2000 +SP4 to HP1220c printer, the plot is not produced. The printhead shuttles around the right hand edge of the paper then moves across to the left hand edge of the paper then expels the paper without printing anything. The printer then flashes the paper feed button. Pressing the paper feed button causes the whole process to repeat. The printers are connected to the network via JetDirect boxes and the printers are shared across the network. The printer driver is V2.1, the latest from HP as recommended in the AutoCad knowledgebase. Able to print from Windows applications(Excel,Word) with no problems.
    The problem does not occur with all drawings.
    Has anyone come across this before or have any suggestions ?

CadTester, Feb 17, 2004
  2. CadTester

ee Guest

Sounds like you have wrong paper width loaded
    The shuttling head is it measuring the paper width.

the plot is not produced.
    The printhead shuttles around the right hand edge of the paper then moves
    across to the left hand edge of the paper then expels the paper without
    printing anything.

ee, Feb 18, 2004
  3. CadTester

dlacomb Guest

I have a 1220cse and have no problems printing 8-1/2"x11" or 11"x17". I use the normal HP Windows XP drivers and can plot pretty much any drawing, even those that are "scaled to fit" on the sheet. Use multiple ctb files (yes I know, I should be using stbs).

May be a Windows 2000 thing.

David LaComb

dlacomb, Feb 19, 2004
  4. CadTester

ecable Guest

Not W2000. Mine works fine.

ecable, Feb 19, 2004
Ask a Question