AutoCAD Runtime Requirements

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by jdklem, Jun 17, 2004.

1. jdklem

jdklem Guest

I have developed an internal application in VB .NET that uses the AutoCAD object model. I would like to install this application on computers that do not have AutoCAD installed on them. The application simply extracts specific attribute information from user selected drawings and then displays the information on an Excel spreadsheet. Is there a document that tells me which dll files I need to include in my setup routine, or are there merge modules available for use in VB .NET? I originally thought I needed to purchase an OEM License in order to do this, but Autodesk responded back and told me that I didn't need to as long as the application is for internal use. Can anyone help with my confusion?

Thanks

jdklem, Jun 17, 2004
  2. Something doesn't sound right. If you did talk with Autodesk, I'd check
    back with them and get clarification because you can't just bundle a couple
    of dlls regardless of whether its in-house or not - unless they are taking
    a 180deg turn from their previous stance.

What you could do is install AutoCAD on an unused computer and use it to
    process all the requests of the non-AutoCAD people.

If you need a contact for the OEM, try Jim Quanci.

-- Mike

Mike Tuersley, Jun 18, 2004
  3. jdklem

cascadtx Guest

OEM contacts are Mike McKinnon and Russell Mason, I believe. Almost CERTAINLY, Autodesk did not tell this guy he could use DLL's without a license. ObjectDBX is an option. At one time, I had the name of a company that was developing an IIS filter for DWG - that might do the job.

cascadtx, Jun 22, 2004
Ask a Question