AutoCad 2005/XP & 2000i/W98SE Pagesetups & Plotters

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by JonEast, May 21, 2004.

1. JonEast

JonEast Guest

I'll try and make a valiant effort to explain this senerio.
    How can anyone coordinate multiple versions of CAD and multiple OS with different plotting drivers.

Current setup use page setups for 1055cm and 5Si Laserjet
    Setups as follows
    1055 Full
    1055 Half
    5Si 8.5x11
    5Si 11x17

These all have the correct paper sizes, ctb files the works. Very efficient plotting for 2000i/W98SE

Now introduced into flow of things is 2005/XP that uses different drivers, page setups are different and printers can not be found. Even worse the new efficient software and OS has now made it incompatible with the older software and OS setups.

How can companies/firms be productive, efficient and profitable when every time a new release is introduced we have to recreate how to produce drawings which we make our living from.

If anyone has any great ideas on how coordinate this or how they are getting around this problem I would love to here about it.

JonEast, May 21, 2004
  2. JonEast

bobbyh Guest

That is a very good point Mr. East. I would like any information on this subject as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

bobbyh, May 21, 2004
  3. JonEast

Dave Mullins Guest

Be sure that you name the printers in XP the same as previous versions.
    It'll work.
    The offices I deal with have 98 and xp and multiple versions co-existing
    just fine.

efficient plotting for 2000i/W98SE
    page setups are different and printers can not be found. Even worse the new
    efficient software and OS has now made it incompatible with the older
    software and OS setups.
    time a new release is introduced we have to recreate how to produce drawings
    which we make our living from.
    getting around this problem I would love to here about it.

Dave Mullins, May 22, 2004
Ask a Question