Autocad 2004 Install - server performance

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by jimk, Sep 10, 2003.

1. jimk

jimk Guest

I know installing on terminal server is 1.not supported and 2. would think it would be quite inefficient.

I am curious to find out different - better - methods for sharing and optimizing installs. Currently we are running ADT R3.3 off of a network pool. Users only acquire a license from the server with the software installed locally on each machine. We have 7 remote offices that also tap into one central server to get their license.

I am looking for methods that might be easier to optimize than the current method. It would seem to me I would get better results with the local install, but would like to know if anyone has done a server install and shared out that way? Or if that can be done. Would be handy to make changes to one install rather than several. There must be those out there that have several offices - what do you guys find to be the best solution.

Thanks,
    Jim

jimk, Sep 10, 2003
Ask a Question