AutoCAD 2002 files saved from Windows ME won't open in XP Professional

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by neets, Jul 11, 2003.

1. neets

neets Guest

I was forced to uninstall AutoCAD 2002 from my system. I then upgraded my system from Windows ME to Windows XP Professional. I saved all of my CAD files to a CD-R before deleting the program. The files now can't be opened on XP, is says the disk is blank. But the files can be viewed on Windows 98. I urgently need to use these files, is there anything I can do about this????

neets, Jul 11, 2003
  2. Can the files on the CD be seen through Windows Explorer?  It sounds like XP is not recognizing the CD.  If W98 can see the files as a test copy several files to another CD or some other media and try and open them again.  I suspect your problem is the media and not Windows XP or AutoCAD.

Nate

"neets" <> wrote in message news:...

I was forced to uninstall AutoCAD 2002 from my system. I then upgraded my system from Windows ME to Windows XP Professional. I saved all of my CAD files to a CD-R before deleting the program. The files now can't be opened on XP, is says the disk is blank. But the files can be viewed on Windows 98. I urgently need to use these files, is there anything I can do about this????

Nate Bartley [Autodesk, Inc.], Jul 14, 2003
  3. Hi,

I had a similar problem when I used DirectCD (Roxio Easy CD Creator) to burn CD's.

If I didn't close the CD when I ejected it, it was NOT possible to read it on another computer without installing the CD burner software (or UDF Reader).

/Lars-Ake

"Nate Bartley [Autodesk, Inc.]" <> wrote in message news:...

Can the files on the CD be seen through Windows Explorer?  It sounds like XP is not recognizing the CD.  If W98 can see the files as a test copy several files to another CD or some other media and try and open them again.  I suspect your problem is the media and not Windows XP or AutoCAD.

Nate

"neets" <> wrote in message news:...

Lars-Ake Johansson [Autodesk], Jul 15, 2003
Ask a Question