AutoCAD 04 Administrative Access

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Michael Fraser, Aug 3, 2004.

1. et al;

Is there a way to remove the Administrator checks using an MST? Using a Novell based network to distribute and launch the MSI, and Novell grants itself administrator privileges for the duration of the product install, however the account check doesn't discover the administrative access and just passes back out with the default error code.

Would it be possible to remove all the admin checks and the program successfully install? (Before I work through that really long MST...)

-
    Junior Network Systems Programmer
    Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne
    HTTP://users.ipfw.edu/fraserm/

Michael Fraser, Aug 3, 2004
  2. I'm an idiot,

Removing the admin Launch Condition check along with several other admin checks in places allowed the program to be properly run without adjusting the permissions for the installer.
    et al;

Is there a way to remove the Administrator checks using an MST? Using a Novell based network to distribute and launch the MSI, and Novell grants itself administrator privileges for the duration of the product install, however the account check doesn't discover the administrative access and just passes back out with the default error code.

Would it be possible to remove all the admin checks and the program successfully install? (Before I work through that really long MST...)

-
    Junior Network Systems Programmer
    Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne
    http://users.ipfw.edu/fraserm/

Michael Fraser, Aug 9, 2004
  3. Michael Fraser

Dan Verbarg Guest

Where did you find this check to disable the admin launch condition
    check?

Dan Verbarg, Aug 30, 2004
Ask a Question