attach raster image in 2004

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by Tom Craft, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Tom Craft

Tom Craft Guest

I am shifting to a digital signature format for my survey plats. It is
    recommended here in Arizona that you also include an electronic (scanned
    image) signature. (Some clients may not know what a digital signature is
    and reject the drawing because there is no actual signature showing)
    Is there a way in 2004 to attach a raster image so the signature bitmap
    file does not have to be included separately when emailing the drawing?
    In the long run I intend to add the digital signature, insert a block
    with the seal and electronic signature using VB or VBA. My seal block
    has a date attribute that the routine will fill.
    Tom

Tom Craft, Feb 19, 2004
  2. Tom Craft

dean_bourke Guest

PDF ?

dean_bourke, Feb 19, 2004
  3. Tom Craft

LCancilla Guest

I answered a similar post 2 days ago. Below is my response.
    I know this works in AC2002, untried in AC2004.....................
    =================================================
    Yes!... but I don't know if it is possible programaticly. Here is how I have done it manually on our borders. On the "Insert" menu select "OLE Object" and then pick "Bitmap Image". Choose the option "Create from file" and you will get a Browse button to select a file. Make sure "Link" & "Display as icon" are unchecked. Resize the image as desired. Save and exit the drawing. Done! To test this, open the drawing somewhere without access to the image you previously selected (rename the folder or unplug from your network) and you will see the image right inside AutoCAD. Note, it may not display as sharp in AutoCAD as it would in the different viewer but it will print as clear as the original.

LCancilla, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Tom Craft

Joe Burke Guest

LCancilla,

Just wanted to let you know someone thinks your suggestion is a good one.

I read the other thread too. Sometimes the best ideas are posted after the often
    short attention span around here is past. Oh well...

Joe Burke

it manually on our borders. On the "Insert" menu select "OLE Object" and then pick
    "Bitmap Image". Choose the option "Create from file" and you will get a Browse button
    to select a file. Make sure "Link" & "Display as icon" are unchecked. Resize the
    image as desired. Save and exit the drawing. Done! To test this, open the drawing
    somewhere without access to the image you previously selected (rename the folder or
    unplug from your network) and you will see the image right inside AutoCAD. Note, it
    may not display as sharp in AutoCAD as it would in the different viewer but it will
    print as clear as the original.

Joe Burke, Feb 20, 2004
  5. Tom Craft

Tom Craft Guest

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Just got the digital signature certificate this morning and have been experimenting around with it a bit. going to be a fun learning curve!

Tom

Tom Craft, Feb 23, 2004
Ask a Question