Associative Dims in Lisp

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by HomeBoy, Jun 23, 2004.

1. HomeBoy

HomeBoy Guest

I can't seem to create associative dims in lisp using a command like this;

(command "_dimlinear" firstPt secondPt DIR "A" Textrot ExtPos)

The Dims are not associative (yes dimassoc is 2)

any Ideas?

Thanks

John Holmes

HomeBoy, Jun 23, 2004
  2. HomeBoy

jclaidler Guest

I've noticed this also. Its because of the 'true associativity' of dimensions. When setting the user picked points to variables, then creating the dimension with the variables, the dimensions are not being 'attached' to the drawing objects. Therefore they can't be 'true associative'.

Hope this helps, kind of hard to explain.

jclaidler, Jun 23, 2004
  3. Your are not using the select object method of creating the dimension. Try -
    (if (setq ES (entsel "\nSelect Object for Linear Dimension ? "))
    (command "_dimlinear" "" (cadr ES) DIR "A" Textrot ExtPos)
    )

Alan Henderson @ A'cad Solutions, Jun 23, 2004
  4. HomeBoy

jclaidler Guest

Will this work with dimensioning in paper space, since you can't select the object ??

jclaidler, Jun 23, 2004
  5. HomeBoy

HomeBoy Guest

That won't work because I need to be able to select by point across multiple objects.

Any other ideas?

HomeBoy, Jun 24, 2004
  6. HomeBoy

jclaidler Guest

With 'true associated' (dimassoc: 2), your program will not work. The dimensions are being 'attached' to the chosen objects. With dimensioning thru list, the dimensions are being placed to 'coordinates'.

jclaidler, Jun 24, 2004
  7. HomeBoy

HomeBoy Guest

Yes, I understand that. But if you select "DimLinear" from the menu, you get select by point method,as and the result is an associative dimension. I would like this functionality thru LIsp.

I have noticed that if any of the points are selected interactively, that the dim is associative, but if you supply all the points, its not.

Thanks

John

HomeBoy, Jun 24, 2004
  8. HomeBoy

jclaidler Guest

Exactly. You can't do this with lisp and have 'true associative' dimensions.

jclaidler, Jun 24, 2004
Ask a Question