Antivirus NOD32 and FlexIM conflict.

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by pol.3plans, Jul 8, 2003.

1. pol.3plans

pol.3plans Guest

Bonjour to all From Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I have encounter a problem on a computer that runs the AutoCAD 2002 Licensing Manager and on which I need to install NOD32 AntiVirus Administrator made by ESET. No errors occured at the installation of either Autodesk Licensing Manager and NOD32. Everything went smooth and easy. A conflict issue occurs when the computer is rebooted after the installation of NOD32. The adskflex.exe program can not load and the computer is unusable since the adskflex program desesperatly retries to load each 5 seconds without success. The application log fills up constantly. Here is the error I got from the application log:

Application popup: adskflex.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.

This computer is our PDC, DNS, Exchange Server, Autodesk License Manager, NOD32 Administrator. I obviously need NOD32 to run to protect our Exchange Server. I am planning on moving the Autodesk Licensing Manager to another machine but, that has some issues. I am not familiar with this procedure. Though, it is my goal to free up my PDC by making this new computer the License Manager for both software. I do not want to have separate computers for NOD32 administration and AutoDESK Licensing. I need this issue to be resolved.

Question 1: Any idea what is that error about?

Question 2: What is the step by step procedure to move a network license from one machine to another?

pol.3plans, Jul 8, 2003
  2. Hi Paul,

I am sorry to hear that you have had problems after installing NOD32.  There is definitely a conflict on the system and it is most likely with a DLL installed by NOD32 or with making NOD32 aware of the ADSKFLEX service.  I would first check setting in NOD32 to see if there is a switch or setting that can be modified to make NOD32 aware of specific services.

With respect to moving the license manager to another system, the process is fairly painless.

1)  Install the Autodesk License Manager on the other computer.

2)  Obtain the Server code for new computer and contact Autodesk for a new license file.

3)  Configure and start the the Autodesk License Manager using LMTOOLS.

These are the same basic steps that were performed when the original Autodesk License Manager was setup.  Let me know if you need more info.

Nate

"pol.3plans" <> wrote in message news:...

Bonjour to all From Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I have encounter a problem on a computer that runs the AutoCAD 2002 Licensing Manager and on which I need to install NOD32 AntiVirus Administrator made by ESET. No errors occured at the installation of either Autodesk Licensing Manager and NOD32. Everything went smooth and easy. A conflict issue occurs when the computer is rebooted after the installation of NOD32. The adskflex.exe program can not load and the computer is unusable since the adskflex program desesperatly retries to load each 5 seconds without success. The application log fills up constantly. Here is the error I got from the application log:

Application popup: adskflex.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.

This computer is our PDC, DNS, Exchange Server, Autodesk License Manager, NOD32 Administrator. I obviously need NOD32 to run to protect our Exchange Server. I am planning on moving the Autodesk Licensing Manager to another machine but, that has some issues. I am not familiar with this procedure. Though, it is my goal to free up my PDC by making this new computer the License Manager for both software. I do not want to have separate computers for NOD32 administration and AutoDESK Licensing. I need this issue to be resolved.

Question 1: Any idea what is that error about?

Question 2: What is the step by step procedure to move a network license from one machine to another?

Nate Bartley [Autodesk, Inc.], Jul 14, 2003
Ask a Question