ADT 2005 NIW install using server directories

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by naumanmy, Dec 30, 2004.

1. naumanmy

naumanmy Guest

I am trying to create a deployment, and I select the SErver option for all the content, plotters, plot styles. It says there is data already there, and I sleect NO so it does not overrite . The server location the Client USer does not have write access to and the install fails saying
    14:53:25 12/29/2004 GPHILLIPS\gphillips Error 1315. Unable to write to the specified folder: J:\ACADarch\ADT2005\Plotters\. [Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005] <MSI engine return code: 1603>

I am not sure how I do this, should I install client based and then use a profile to point to the servers?

what happens when a new user logs on to the computer, how is that user configured at that point?

Any other tips to install ADT 2005 would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to put all content on the server, all plotters, plotstyles, templates, tool pallettes , catalogs etc on the server. The client should also have the stuff locally too so just in case the server is not available or it is a laptop.

thanks

naumanmy, Dec 30, 2004
  2. naumanmy

EShotwell Guest

I ran into a similar problem with a Windows XP installation. I believe that the clients need to be in groups that have change access to the folder.

EShotwell, Dec 30, 2004
Ask a Question