Acad not recognizing Adobe ?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by mockymock, Nov 18, 2004.

1. mockymock

mockymock Guest

I've got Adobe Acrobat Standard 6.0 on my machine, and the Adobe PDF choice is available as a plotter configuration. I've updated the Adobe PDF file to make a pc3 file. When I plot to PDF- everything seems to work fine and the plot finishes, yet I'm never prompted for a file name and no PDF file is created. I've changed the "plot to file" option on the pc3 file. I think the problem is that ACAD isn't recognizing the location of my Adobe program. I have 2 hard drives and the Adobe Acorbat program is on my D drive, not under Program files. Is there a way/setting to change to make sure ACAD recognizes the location of my Adobe program. It just seems like whatever command "triggers" Adobe to run during the plot command, isn't triggering Adobe to run. Is there a way to tell ACAD where my Adobe executable program is located?

thanks.

mockymock, Nov 18, 2004
  2. Why not just use the system printer and use the PDF print driver that get
    installed with Acrobat???

choice is available as a plotter configuration. I've updated the Adobe PDF
    file to make a pc3 file. When I plot to PDF- everything seems to work fine
    and the plot finishes, yet I'm never prompted for a file name and no PDF
    file is created. I've changed the "plot to file" option on the pc3 file. I
    think the problem is that ACAD isn't recognizing the location of my Adobe
    program. I have 2 hard drives and the Adobe Acorbat program is on my D
    drive, not under Program files. Is there a way/setting to change to make
    sure ACAD recognizes the location of my Adobe program. It just seems like
    whatever command "triggers" Adobe to run during the plot command, isn't
    triggering Adobe to run. Is there a way to tell ACAD where my Adobe
    executable program is located?

cyberstrategist, Nov 18, 2004
  3. mockymock

jwollenberg Guest

you should have a system printer called adobePDF. You can use that and not use a pc3.

jwollenberg, Nov 18, 2004
  4. mockymock

mockymock Guest

I originally tried the system printer Adobe PDF - the plot command executes and closes out as if it was successful, but Adobe never starts and I don't get prompted for a file name. I've searched both hard drives and no PDF file is created anywhere. I saved the system plotter as a pc3 file because I thought I needed to modify it since Acrobat wasn't initializing when I used the system printer. I don't think ACAD knows where to look to find the Acrobat.exe file since I have 2 hard drives. But I'm just guessing.

mockymock, Nov 18, 2004
  5. mockymock

mockymock Guest

OK, nevermind. The Adobe program is initializing but for some reason has gone offline and won't let me get it back on-line. I have no idea why/hop this happened, but it isn't an ACAD problem. thanks for your help.

mockymock, Nov 18, 2004
Ask a Question