acad 2004 to acad2002

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by elefebvre, Jun 15, 2004.

1. elefebvre

elefebvre Guest

Hi,

i am writing a program in VBA for acad2004. I recently heard that some of our users (in house) in a filiate still have acad2000. Will this be a (big) problem? And if so (which i fear it will), what are the main differences? Is there somewhere a list available? Or any other helpful things in making the 'downgrade'?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Emmanuel

elefebvre, Jun 15, 2004
  2. elefebvre

Ed Jobe Guest

Your subject line says they have 2002, but then you say 2000. Which is it? It makes a big difference with vba. 2000 is vba5 and 2ki+ is vba6. Thus, 2004 vba won't run on 2000. It will run on 2002 as long as you don't access an area of the object model that has changed. To find out what that is, check out the What's New section of Developer Guide.

--
    ----
    Ed
    ----
    Hi,

i am writing a program in VBA for acad2004. I recently heard that some of our users (in house) in a filiate still have acad2000. Will this be a (big) problem? And if so (which i fear it will), what are the main differences? Is there somewhere a list available? Or any other helpful things in making the 'downgrade'?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Emmanuel

Ed Jobe, Jun 15, 2004
  3. elefebvre

elefebvre Guest

sorry, i meant 2000. so will it not work at all, even after some minor (or major) modifications?

what would i have to do to make it work in 2000? Rewrite the whole thing? or just modify some things? can i just 'copy' the vba6 file to their computer?

I am really desperate to find a 'quick' solution. It turns out that the people with ACAD2000 will be the main users, and need it real soon, like in a week or so!

any more thoughts on this?

muchly appreciated!

Emmanuel

elefebvre, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Hi,

It's not that bad.

Copy your code across to the R2000 program and then run it in a debug mode.
    You will have to do this in the R2000 environment.

Where ever the code is not viable, it will stop and you will be able to fix
    it.

Most of the commands are unchanged.

--

Laurie Comerford
    CADApps
    www.cadapps.com.au

or just modify some things? can i just 'copy' the vba6 file to their
    computer?
    people with ACAD2000 will be the main users, and need it real soon, like in
    a week or so!

Laurie Comerford, Jun 16, 2004