2005, Roaming Profiles, Registering Fonts?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by pkirill, Dec 13, 2004.

1. pkirill

pkirill Guest

I'm trying to set up a "test" user with a roaming profile on a Windows 2003 network. I found the fix for AutoCAD 2004 (SP1) and now the roaming aspect works fine for 2004. However, when installing 2005, I get an error that the installer cannot register fonts and that the user needs admin privileges. This is not an option for us. I've looked at the GPO settings, but the only way to overcome this limitation is to allow "elevated permissions for all installations" - again, not an option.

Does anyone knwo of a fix or a work around for this? I've see other posts with similar problems, but no real solution. It should be mentioned that all the machines with the 2005 hiccup for this "test" user have 2005 already installed...

Thanks for any help!

pkirill, Dec 13, 2004
  2. pkirill

pkirill Guest

Evidently installing SP1 for 2005 solved the problem there as well...
    I'm trying to set up a "test" user with a roaming profile on a Windows 2003 network. I found the fix for AutoCAD 2004 (SP1) and now the roaming aspect works fine for 2004. However, when installing 2005, I get an error that the installer cannot register fonts and that the user needs admin privileges. This is not an option for us. I've looked at the GPO settings, but the only way to overcome this limitation is to allow "elevated permissions for all installations" - again, not an option.

Does anyone knwo of a fix or a work around for this? I've see other posts with similar problems, but no real solution. It should be mentioned that all the machines with the 2005 hiccup for this "test" user have 2005 already installed...

Thanks for any help!

pkirill, Dec 13, 2004
Ask a Question