2004 Network installation wizard/standalone licenses possible?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by nobo, Oct 20, 2004.

1. nobo

nobo Guest

Hello,

I would like to prepare a standard installation of AutoCAD 2004 with the Network Installation Wizard, but is it possible to make a standard installation when you have a number of standalone user licenses and no network license? (can you prepare the installation to install the application and then enter the specific serial number and start the registration?)

Regards Nob

nobo, Oct 20, 2004
  2. nobo

Cy Shuster Guest

Yes. I believe it would be easier if you had a "multi-seat" serial number
    in this case, so it could be the same for each seat. Don't remember if you
    can have different S/N's for each with the NIW; check the Network
    Installation Guide.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, Oct 20, 2004
  3. nobo

shobhit Guest

Currently, that's how I roll out Autodesk software. I build a network deployment image but I have it configured for a standalone install. With multi-seat standalones, this makes Autodesk software a little bit more bearable. Refer to your Network Guide that comes with your Autodesk software for the step by step instructions.

Best regards,

Shobhit Baadkar
    Director of Business Development
    CVIS, Inc.
    http://www.cvis.com

shobhit, Oct 25, 2004
  4. nobo

nobo Guest

Hello,

Thank you for your replys.
    I forgot to mention that I am from Holland. After trying for some time I have learned that the Network Installaton Wizard only works for a multiseat license if you want to make an insallation for more then 1 machine. And this licensetype is not available in Europe......

Regards,
    Nob

nobo, Oct 25, 2004
Ask a Question