2004 ADLM cannot obtain license

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by JoveroC, Aug 19, 2003.

1. JoveroC

JoveroC Guest

I am trying to setup a network install on a Novell network using IP only. My test bed is has the ADLM running on a Windwos XP Pro computer and a client computer with Windows XP Pro running from the network deployment install.

Ok so I got the server up and running and it shows my 2 licenses available, however the client PC fails to obtain a license from the ADLM when I run ACAD.EXE. I get the 1.5-15 error.

When I run the ACAD.EXE on the client PC it stalls for a while then a prompt appears telling me it cannot find the ADLM please specify its location then the options are "Locate by hostname" or "Locate by License" I choose hostname and input the hostname of the PC into the box. I click next and it says it successfully found the ADLM press finish to continue. When I hit finish it stalls and gives me that 1.5-15 error saying it cannot obtain a license.

I've tried renaming the hostnames of the ADLM and the client PC and ammending the license files and host files appropriately to try and get it to communicate but with no success. Actually when I rename the hostname of the ADLM it doesnt even start anymore because in the "System Settings" tab it still says the original hostname and not the new hostname and I can never ammend it even if I try to tell it to reread the license file (with the ammended hostname) but it fails too.

I don't really know what to try next. It might never work at all over a Novell network. I will attempt to try my luck with IPX (I think there was an option I can't remember off the top of my head) but we don't really want to go to a windows server but we may have to for any practical solution.

Can anyone help me out?

JoveroC, Aug 19, 2003
  2. JoveroC

JoveroC Guest

UPDATE:

I ghosted both PC's and put IPX on each and reinstalled the ADLM and made a new deployment. I still get the exact same error conditions. I did not see any options for IPX in the installs either so I don't think it is supported. I could still use some help with this error.

JoveroC, Aug 19, 2003
Ask a Question