2002 Open Dialog Box: Can revert to 2000 format?

Discussion in 'AutoCAD' started by dmunch, May 28, 2004.

1. dmunch

dmunch Guest

In acad2000 I had a little program called xfiles that added a history of folders and files recently worked on.
    http://www.xfilesdialog.com

Working on 10 different projects during the course of a day, this feature has become indispensable. Unfortunately, the new format introduced in 2000i seems to lock out programs like xfiles. I've tried fileex, quick folders, filebox extender, and a host of other shareware. Nothing seems to get thru the iron plating of acad's dialog box format.

Does anyone know of a program like this that works??? Otherwise, is there some way in 2002 to set the open/save dialog boxes back to the 2000 format without the goofy icons on the left? Any help would be extremely appreciated!!!

Dan

dmunch, May 28, 2004
  2. dmunch

Josh Guest

I just installed the xfiles dialog...neat little program. I did find a way
    to get it to work but you have to use (getfiled "Open Drawing" "c:\"" "dwg"
    8) which means you can't get multiple files at one time.

folders and files recently worked on.
    has become indispensable. Unfortunately, the new format introduced in 2000i
    seems to lock out programs like xfiles. I've tried fileex, quick folders,
    filebox extender, and a host of other shareware. Nothing seems to get thru
    the iron plating of acad's dialog box format.
    some way in 2002 to set the open/save dialog boxes back to the 2000 format
    without the goofy icons on the left? Any help would be extremely
    appreciated!!!

Josh, May 28, 2004
  3. dmunch

dmunch Guest

Good enough! Thanks Josh.

dmunch, Jun 1, 2004
  4. dmunch

dmunch Guest

OK, I developed this a bit further. Here's the code:

(defun c:eek:p ()
    (setq file (strcat (getvar "DWGPREFIX") (getvar "DWGNAME")))
    (setq file (getfiled "Open Drawing" file "dwg" 8))
    (if file (command "vbastmt" (strcat "AcadApplication.Documents.Open" (chr 34) file (chr 34))))
    )

The nice thing about this code is that whichever dwg you open from, it defaults to that current job's directory and current filename. Also, this brought the "find file" button back which seems to have taken a hike in the new dialog box format (why I don't know; its a good feature). Seems autodesk is becoming enamored with the new windows standards and losing sight of daily functionality. My suggestion: build the x-files features in. They are the most productive feature you can possibly add.

dmunch, Jun 1, 2004
  5. dmunch

dmunch Guest

Hmm, looks like the bit value should be 0, not 8 so that the path does not get stripped

dmunch, Jun 2, 2004
Ask a Question